Saturday, September 12, 2009

Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.

The Word for today:
Psalms 56, 57



mark this: 56:3--
Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.



When you follow God's way, when you stand for his truth, when you live a life pleasing to him, you will encounter enemies and obstacles and opposition. The person who proclaims the Good News of Jesus Christ and backs up his words with a life in alignment with Jesus' teachings is a threat to the rulers, the authorities, the cosmic powers over this present darkness, the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places (1).

David's enemies are relentless:
All day long, David writes in Psalm 56, they twist my words;
they are always plotting to harm me.
They conspire, they lurk,
they watch my steps,
eager to take my life
(2).

In Psalm 57, David is in the midst of lions;
among ravenous beasts--
men whose teeth are spears and arrows,
whose tongues are sharp swords
(3).

In the world's most famous poem--Psalm 23--David, in the presence of his enemies, is walking through a dark, frightening place. But he fears no evil, because God is with him.

You will encounter lions and Goliaths. But they are more afraid of Jesus than you are of them. The Lion of Judah (4) is bigger, stronger, and braver than any lion or giant you will ever face.

(1) Ephesians 6:12; (2) Psalm 56:5-6; (3) Psalm 57:4; (4) Revelation 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment