Sunday, November 1, 2009

Don't measure your faith. Measure your relationship.



The Word for today:
John 10:22-42

mark this: John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

We all know John 3:16, where we are born again by nothing more nor less than believing in Jesus.

If John 3:16 is the new believer's verse, then John 10:27 is the growing believer's verse.

My sheep hear my voice.
Growing believers listen. If you are "Standing in the Rain," then every day you are listening for God's Word, and learning the sound of his voice.

And I know them.
The growing believer lets God know what's on her heart. God listens to us!

And they follow me.
If you are doing the first two--listening to God and speaking to him--your faith won't stand still.

Because when the relationship grows, faith grows.

So don't measure your faith. Measure your relationship:

Are you listening to God's Word every day? Are you speaking your heart to him every day?

When you do, a growing faith can't help but follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment