Thursday, February 14, 2013

the ultimate love song


(written by Norm the Elder)
The Word for today:
Zephaniah 3:8-20
mark this: Zephaniah 3:16-17 --
On that day they will say to Jerusalem,
"Do not fear, O Zion;
do not let your hands hang limp.
The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
As a young man in the late 1960's, recently back from overseas, I felt like my life was spinning out of control. My new marriage was shaky, I was unhappy, my focus was on the wrong things. I knew I was in trouble, but I was paralyzed with ineptness--with no real direction, or any way to reverse or even slow down what was going on.
Then one day a friend put me on a path that led to Jesus Christ. As I reached out and embraced Jesus, I realized this truth:
The Lord God was with me and He was mighty to save.
My sins were forgiven. Hands that had hung limp began to gain strength as I prayed, read His Word, and walked in the light I was given. The fruit and gifts of the Spirit were mine. I claimed His promises and began to see my circumstances and the world around me through the eyes of Jesus.
My life had been transformed. I was born again.
Now as I look back I praise God that He can take great delight in me, that He quiets my life with His love and rejoices over me with singing. I praise God that I am a sinner saved by grace, redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.
Prayer:
Dear Lord,
Thank you that you are in the business of saving lives, including mine. I am eternally grateful for your Son Jesus Christ and for the blood that was shed for me and for all who call upon His name. Thank you so very much.
In the mighty name of Jesus I pray.
Amen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment