Sunday, August 4, 2013

saved from the snare

(written by Norm the Elder)
The Word for today:
Psalm 91
mark this: Psalm 91:3
"Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare."
As a young man with a good-sized family, I spent some of my free time trapping wild animals to help supplement our income. I trapped muskrat, mink, fox, and raccoon for their valuable fur.
My strategy for catching these animals was deception. I would entice them with a bait they could not resist. My ruse would lead them into a trap or snare that would cost them their lives. Some of the older and wiser fur bearers would avoid the bait, but many others could not resist the temptation.
In the world in which we live there are many traps and snares set by the devil, his demons, and the world. Make no mistake about it, the purpose of these dangers is to ruin our testimony and destroy our lives. The bait of Satan looks so inviting and is most often placed at our most vulnerable point.
Our scripture today says that God will "surely save us from the fowler's snare." Surely means with certainty, with safety, with security. If we are faithful to God, he has promised to be faithful to us and protect us from the traps and snares that surround our daily lives.
As we study His Word, pray, and walk in His Spirit, our eyes can be open to the dangers and pitfalls around us. We can claim the promise and the victory written in this powerful psalm and avoid the fowler's snare throughout our pilgrimage here on this earth.
Dear Lord,
Through many dangers, toils, and snares I have already come. It was grace that has brought me safe thus far, and your amazing grace that will lead me home. Thank you.
In Jesus' Name I pray.
Amen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment