Monday, October 27, 2014

show me the way to go home

The Word for today:
Romans 6.15-7.6
mark these:
(see verses below)
I meant to do my work today. But I'm so far under the weather that I'd need a shovel to dig my way to the surface.
I meant to be your tour guide all the way down the Romans Road.
But I found some links to other Romans Road tours that might (I must be sick to be saying this) be a little bit better than the Romans Road tour I was planning for you.
***
"The Romans Road" is a great way to show-and-tell the gospel to some other traveler who's trying to find the way home. All you need to do is mark your Bible or Testament with the verses you'll be seeing in just a second. Then you'll be ready when someone asks directions.
Many of you have heard of the Romans Road, but that doesn't excuse you from today's field trip! If you've already been down that road then your assignment is to memorize the verses (1) that mark the way:
All Have Sinned:
Romans 3:10
Romans 3:23
God's Plan of Salvation:
Romans 6:23
Romans 5:8
How We Receive Salvation:
Romans 10:9
Romans 10:11
Romans 10:13
The Results of Salvation:
Romans 5:1
Romans 8:1
Romans 8:38-39
***
I would never post this link if I weren't delirious with fever, but for you revved-up rock and rollers out there I found "Still Like That Old-Time Romans Road." Click it! Crank it!
And for squares like me, I found a link that will sit still as you read or listen to it:
"What is the Romans Road to salvation?"
And for the graphically-driven, this one comes equipped with its own sense of urgency:
"Romans Road Countdown."
If you've already been to Rome and you've already got the markers memorized, then your assignment is to show the way to someone who is lost.
Meanwhile, I'm going to make a cup of hot chocolate and then find my blankie. You kids go on ahead without me. I'll catch up tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(1) Though you will notice slight variations in the verses chosen, all Romans Road-Maps will get you there!

2 comments:

  1. Franklyn: This is like following the "Yellow Brick Road," only it's the "Red Brick Road," stained with HIS blood. Otherwise know as the "Via Dolorosa." The signs along the road remind me of the old Burma Shave signs. Each one containing a complete thought; but as the Pilgrim progress along the road the signs keep pointing to the person waiting at the other end. Get well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burma Shave! When we were kids, I can remember riding on the way to Florida (through South Carolina and Georgia?) with my family. There were series of Burma signs that seemed to last for a mile. They probably didn't, but everything is bigger to a kid. They were the highlight of the trip (at least the driving part). None of us kids wanted to fall asleep and miss any.

    ReplyDelete