Thursday, July 30, 2015

the first step on the way to the cross

The Word for today: 
Job 8:1 -- 9:24
mark this : Job 8:3
Who brought suffering into the world?
When God looked over all that He'd created, He saw that it was very good (1). Creation is a reflection of God's character, and there is no unrighteousness in Him (2).
So where did the suffering come from?
When I look back, I cannot say about my life what God could say about His creation.
And though I cannot see into your heart like I can see into mine, the Bible teaches that none of us--no, not one (3)--is blameless:
The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time (4).
What's wrong with the world is you, and I--and Job. With our sin came the sorrow and the suffering--for ourselves and others.
Hold that thought, because the first step on any man's way back to God is the realization that he, himself, is the problem. No one but the self-acknowledged sinner will turn to the cross of Jesus Christ.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(1) Genesis 1:31; (2) Psalm 92:15; (3) Psalm 53:3; (4) Genesis 6:5

No comments:

Post a Comment