Sunday, August 2, 2015

"Yes!"

The Word for today: 
Job 13:1 -- 14:22
mark this: Job 14:14
Job's philosophy as he struggles to understand his plight is often wrong-headed, but on this question -- "If a man dies, shall he live again?" -- Job never wavers. Soon, we'll hear Job's cry of faith:
I know that my Redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
I myself will see him
with my own eyes--I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!
 (1)
The resurrection of Jesus Christ --and the promise that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life -- is the bedrock of Christian faith.
Because of Jesus, the answer to Job's most important question is a resounding, "Yes!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(1) Job 19:25-27

No comments:

Post a Comment