Thursday, January 14, 2016

when two are gathered in His name

(by Norm the Elder)
The Word for today:
Isaiah 48
mark this: Isaiah 48:17--
This is what the LORD says--
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
"I am the LORD your God,
who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go."
I will never forget the summer of 1970. Due to a series of events through the late 60's, it felt like my life was spinning out of control.
One day in August of that year, when confiding my situation with a friend, he shared that what I needed was to embrace the Lord Jesus Christ and invite him into my life. I took my friend at his word and that night on my knees I reached out to God, telling Him my feelings of despair, and inviting Jesus Christ into my life as my Lord and Savior.
That night was the beginning of a journey that turned me around and revolutionized my life. Three months after that event, my wife saw such a change in me that she gave her life to Jesus. Now we were on this new journey together. Our spirits became alive and the same Spirit who guided Jesus when he walked this earth began to guide us.
We took some deliberate steps to learn what being a disciple of Christ was all about. We studied our Bible, learning principles of Godly living. We prayed--asking God to, among other things, guide and direct us. We became involved in a local church for teaching, fellowship, and ministry. As we did these things the Spirit of God began to fill us.
Although things were often difficult we began to experience Godly direction, healing, and answers to our daily problems and concerns. We became more sensitive to the movement of the Holy Spirit in our lives. We began to understand better and better what it meant to walk by the Spirit and not by the flesh. We worked hard at seeing things through the eyes of Jesus and not using worldly standards as our guide.
Now, after 40 years of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, my wife and I can say with confidence:
"You are our God,
Who teaches us what is best for our lives,
Who directs us in the way we should go."
 (Isaiah 48:17)
Prayer:
Dear Lord, thank you for your love and for carefully watching over us. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment