Monday, December 19, 2016

Where can I go from your Spirit?

The Word for today:
Psalm 139
Hi. How are you today?
I fully intended today to write a bit of a treatise on the person and work of the Holy Spirit.
Then I read this verse and I asked myself just who it is that I think I'm kidding:
You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.
 (Psalms 139:5-6)
Treatises and commentaries and explications and interpretations all seem silly in the presence of this Psalm, which is all about the presence of God:
Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
 (Psalms 139:7-10)
Yeah, I meant to tell you all about how the Holy Spirit moves in to stay when we place our faith and hope and trust in Jesus. I was going to try to explain how you can no more get away from God than you can get away from yourself.
But I see you're with Someone. I'll call back tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment