Saturday, August 19, 2017

My God, my God, why?

The Word for today:
Psalm 22:22-31
Psalm 23 is the single most famous, most memorized, most beloved poem in all of literature. But it is even more meaningful when it is placed in its true context--as the middle "panel" of a triptych which spans Psalms 22, 23, and 24.
triptych is a display which stretches across three panels. Here's an example, called "Cross, Shepherd, & Crown" which presents the inter-relationship of Psalms 22, 23, & 24:
We will, over the next couple days, consider these three Psalms as a triptych which displays the past, present, and future of an eternal relationship with Jesus Christ.
***
Psalm 22--the cross
Psalm 22 is the holiest ground in scripture. It is a vivid picture of the day Jesus died. What is most striking is that it is the only picture of the cross taken from Jesus' point of view:
My God, my God, why?
I'll type no more today. I leave you with the Lamb of God, in the Holy of Holies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment